SNAP 101 Trainings:
We will be hosting a series of “SNAP 101” trainings, in partnership with End Hunger CT!, that will occur monthly in both English and Spanish. Join these trainings to learn the tools, facts, and language necessary for encouraging eligible families to sign up for SNAP and HUSKY and addressing common questions and misconceptions about these programs.
- Coming soon
Taller para ser un Mensajero de SNAP (En español)
Aprenda cómo promover SNAP y apoyar la seguridad alimentaria y el éxito escolar de los niños.
Abordaremos preguntas comunes y conceptos erróneos sobre los beneficios de SNAP.
- Muy pronto
SNAP Training Videos
- Haga clic aquí para leer la guía de los conceptos básicos del programa de asistencia nutricional suplementaria (SNAP)
- Click here to read the guide to the basics of the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP)
HUSKY 101 Trainings:
Become a Husky Health Messenger! Learn how to promote HUSKY enrollment and support equitable health outcomes and childhood success in your community.
- Coming soon
Taller de HUSKY 101 en Español
¡Conviértete en un mensajero de salud de Husky! Aprenda cómo promover la inscripción en HUSKY y apoyar los resultados de salud equitativos y el éxito infantil en su comunidad.
- Muy pronto
HUSKY Training Videos
Stamford Food Guide
As of October 1, 2022, the thresholds for qualifying for SNAP have increased!
- As of October 1, 2022, the thresholds for qualifying for SNAP have increased! Even if you were ineligible before, you may be eligible now!
- Click here to see Expanded SNAP Eligibility Form (English & Spanish)
School Meals Are Free!
- School meals are free for all Stamford Public School students – No forms required
- Free breakfast and lunch for all Stamford Public School students – No forms or payment required!
2023-2024 Household Income Survey Form
- No forms are required for school meals!
Please be aware that Stamford Public Schools was approved to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students for the 2023-2024 school year. No application is required to participate in the meal program. However, families who wish to have a letter from Stamford Public Schools in order to prove eligibility for a reduction in fees for camps, exams, or other such services should complete the Household Income Survey, which can be found below.
- Household Income Survey, which can be found here. (English)
- Encuesta de Ingresos de los Hogares, se puede encontrar aquí. (Español)
End Hunger Connecticut! (EHC!)
End Hunger Connecticut is a statewide anti-hunger nonprofit in Connecticut dedicated to eliminating hunger and promoting healthy nutrition through outreach, public education, and legislative and administrative advocacy. By partnering with state and local officials, schools, and community-based organizations, EHC! enhances the visibility and coordination of federal food assistance programs crucial to any effort to improve food security while increasing both family well-being and the amount of federal funding available to the state. For more information Visit End Hunger Connecticut.
Social Services (City of Stamford)
Information Session on School Food in Stamford 9/28
Did you miss the session? Click below to see the slides and notes from the presentation (in Spanish and English).
If you have any questions, contact: Yolande Ford