HUSKY 101 Trainings:
Become a Husky Health Messenger! Learn how to promote HUSKY enrollment and support equitable health outcomes and childhood success in your community.
- November 15, 11-12pm (English Session) Click here to register
¡Conviértete en un mensajero de salud de Husky! Aprenda cómo promover la inscripción en HUSKY y apoyar los resultados de salud equitativos y el éxito infantil en su comunidad.
- 17 de noviembre de 10-11 am (Sesión en español) Haga clic aquí para registrarse
SNAP 101 Trainings:
We will be hosting a series of “SNAP 101” trainings, in partnership with End
Hunger CT!, that will occur monthly in both English and Spanish. Send staff
members to these trainings to learn the tools, facts, and language necessary
for encouraging eligible families to sign up for SNAP and HUSKY and
addressing common questions and misconceptions about these programs.
Our first two (English) trainings will be held on Zoom on the following dates:
- Oct 13, 10-11am – Click here to register
- Oct 25, 1-2pm: Click here to register
As of October 1, 2022, the thresholds for
qualifying for SNAP have increased!
- As of October 1, 2022, the thresholds for qualifying for SNAP have increased! Even if you were ineligible before, you may be eligible now!
- Click here to see Expanded SNAP Eligibility Form (English & Spanish)
School Meals Are Free!
- School meals are free for all Stamford Public School students – No forms required
- Free breakfast and lunch for all Stamford Public School students – No forms or payment required!
Household Income Survey Form
- No forms are required for school meals!
Please be aware that Stamford Public Schools was approved to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students for the 2022-2023 school year. No application is required to participate in the meal program. However, families who wish to have a letter from Stamford Public Schools in order to prove eligibility for a reduction in fees for camps, exams, or other such services should complete the Household Income Survey, which can be found here.
- Encuesta de Ingresos de los Hogares, se puede encontrar aquí.
End Hunger Connecticut! (EHC!)
End Hunger Connecticut is a statewide anti-hunger nonprofit in Connecticut dedicated to eliminating hunger and promoting healthy nutrition through outreach, public education, and legislative and administrative advocacy. By partnering with state and local officials, schools, and community-based organizations, EHC! enhances the visibility and coordination of federal food assistance programs crucial to any effort to improve food security while increasing both family well-being and the amount of federal funding available to the state. For more information Visit End Hunger Connecticut.
Social Services (City of Stamford)
Information Session on School Food in Stamford 9/28
Did you miss the session? Click below to see the slides and notes from the presentation (in Spanish and English).
If you have any questions, contact: Yolande Ford