SC2C Community Engagement Manager
Under the supervision of the VP of Strategy and Operations, the SC2C Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will implement a core strategy of Stamford Cradle to Career (SC2C) to authentically engage youth, parents, and community residents. This position will focus on engagement of parents with children in Stamford. In partnership with the Community Action Networks (CANS) of Stamford Cradle to Career, the CEM will design strategies to engage parents to co-develop solutions to the issues each network addresses. Strategies will be informed by StriveTogether’s Co-Development of Solutions framework.
SC2C (www.stamfordcradletocareer.org) is a collective impact organization with the mission to collectively align community resources to ensure equity and excellence in education, for every child, from cradle to career. Our goal is that all students in Stamford, CT, have the access and support they need to graduate high school and be prepared for college and career. SC2C works closely with Stamford Public Schools and community organizations to coordinate efforts. SC2C is dedicated to eliminating racial inequality in education and creating opportunities for children and youth to succeed. All staff must possess an ability to work with multicultural communities.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree and equivalent work and life experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple audiences in a culturally competent manner.
- Candidates must understand the challenges and barriers faced by marginalized communities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, class, ability, immigration status, gender, and their intersections, and have experience engaging with and working alongside communities of color.
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Excellent technology skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint); Google Suite (Forms, Drive); and familiarity and/or skills in graphic design are a plus.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Ukranian) strongly preferred AND an ability to work closely with translators for both oral and written translations.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
Read the full job description and how to apply here.